May 25, 2010

Paula Deen Showcases Savannah Style

My husband is a BIG fan of Paula Deen (to put it mildly). Ever since he watched her cook a Turducken on the Food Network, he has been determined that we will eventually serve this for Thanksgiving. And trust me when I tell you that he hasn’t stopped reminiscing about the meal we enjoyed at Paula’s restaurant, The Lady and Sons, during a trip to the lovely city of Savannah a few years ago. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a visit from The Lady herself.

When I heard about the publication of Paula Deen's Savannah Style,I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. What could be better than the Queen of Southern Cooking showing us the style of the grand homes and gardens in her historic city?













This book doesn’t disappoint. The pages are filled with gorgeous photos of beautifully appointed spaces brimming with southern charm, including many in Paula’s own home. And Paula’s friendly tone comes shining through, making you feel as though she is right next to you, sharing family anecdotes and taking you on a private tour of her favorite abodes. Add in decorator Brandon Branch’s style secrets that are peppered throughout the book, and the result is a can’t-miss guide to southern style.

Here are a few of my favorite layouts:





















































If you are looking for some inspiration for your own traditional home, this might be it!

Do any of you own this book?  If so, how do you like it?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you've seen pictures from her home, but they are gorgeous! All her rooms are very traditional with a Southern twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Paula Deen!!! Thanks for the head's up abot her new cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE PAULA!! And I left you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails