September 23, 2010

PSA: Similac Formula Recall

I'd like to take a moment away from my usual style commentary for a public service announcement.  If you are a parent who happens to feed your infant Similac formula, you should be aware that certain Similac products have been recalled because they may contain beetle parts or larvae.  (Yes, I know.  Ew!  And to think the FDA doesn't consider this to be a big deal... Don't get me started.)  To find out more about the recall, visit www.similac.com/recall

I will warn you that their site is running incredibly slow.  Apparently they did not prepare for the amount of traffic that an announcement of this nature generates.  (Of course, this is a company that didn't manage to keep beetles out of its infant products in the first place, so should we be surprised?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails