October 10, 2010

The Lure of The Classic Trench

By now you know that “classic” is one of my favorite buzzwords when it comes to fashion. I adore pieces that are timeless and well-made, that will serve me for years, and that move easily from one activity to the next without missing a beat. One of my favorite classic wardrobe items is the trench coat.

A beautiful trench makes me feel instantly pulled together, even if I’m only wearing a t-shirt and jeans underneath. It’s perfect not only for a rainy day, but also when there’s a slight chill in the air or a gust of wind. And it’s a travel essential, adapting my wardrobe to varying climates and warming me in the often frigid airplane environment.

Years ago, I bought a gorgeous, perfectly fitted, mid-length burgundy trench coat from Banana Republic. I got lucky and happened upon it at a steep discount. It was the steal of the decade and I happily wore it for nearly that long, until one day it developed an unsightly hole in the arm. (I suspect I snagged it on something while traveling.) Although I own other raincoats, including a lovely black, a-line number from Anne Klein 2 and a hot pink Lilly Pulitzer trench purchased from Hopsy for springtime wear, I have continued to mourn the loss of my beloved burgundy trench.

You can imagine how excited I was last week when I encountered this beautiful, dark red version from Michael by Michael Kors, which is now hanging in my closet. With its button-out lining and removable hood, it does my old faithful one better.


Michael by Michael Kors Trench






















Of course, there are many fabulous trenches available this season in varying price ranges. Other favorites include:

Banana Republic Classic Trench





















Kate Spade Bisous Bow Trench






















Burberry London Mid-Length Trench
 





















What about you?  Are you a fan of the trench coat?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I would like one of each of those pictured!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by. How fabulous that you are doing trenches, timeless and just what I was looking for. Love the Burberry (of course!). Saw a great one too from Mackage when I was just in New York..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these trenches!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails