August 15, 2010

Kitchen Savvy

Over the years I’ve become a bit of a foodie. (Living in the D.C. area for a while with access to fabulous restaurants tends to have that effect on a person.) I understand the importance of slicing and dicing foods into equal pieces so they will cook evenly, not to mention look gorgeous on the plate. But I often have trouble accomplishing that task easily at home without spending a ton of time. To put it bluntly, my knife skills could use a little work.

A few days ago, I discovered a wonderful series of free how-to videos available at http://www.kitchendaily.com/how-to/. Many of the tutorials were created by the Culinary Institute of America. Do you want to know the best way to slice an onion, peel and cut a mango, or de-shell a lobster? It’s all there.

Enjoy!

Still shot from the tutorial, “How to Cut Watermelon.”

2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower and a food lover as well. Thanks for the link. I am always on the hunt for new recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing. I left you an award/tagged you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails